Friday, December 17, 2010

Homemade noodles & cake balls (not served together)


It's just a week until Christmas Eve leaving us little time to prepare treats for holiday hosting.

Having the day to myself, I decided to try a couple of new things ... homemade noodles and cake balls.

While absolutely delicious and worth the effort, cake balls do require some time to dip in chocolate or almond bark. Having just read an article in the 'Accent' section of a newspaper, I tried mixing chocolate cake with coconut pecan frosting, before coating the orbs in chocolate bark flavored with coconut. Mmmm, almost as tasty as truffles!!


I've often purchased homemade noodles at bake sales & bazaars. There's nothing like them for homemade beef & noodle soup. I thought it was time I tried making my own. Using free range eggs provided by my hens, the result was a starchy noodle with a lemony color and flour dusting that was perhaps a little thick, but they'll result in a robust soup or chicken & noodle dish on a cold winter's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment