Monday, December 20, 2010

Dec. 8 came & went without nary a complaint

You all are too easy on me . . .

Remember that I promised to have my sewing room clean or at least unbury the furniture enough to result in some semblance of improved organization in 30 days? That day (Dec. 8) came and went, but don't think I haven't felt GUILTY about it. (Even though not one of you harassed me about breaking my promise.)

I did rearrange the furniture. I also finished one quilt, in the past month. It was just a small Christmas-themed wall-hanging that the designer boasted could be completed in a weekend ... NOT!

Well, as Christmas nears and I continue to dust for cobwebs behind the refrigerator and amongst the rafters, my sewing room continues to beckon. It just isn't calling to me as strongly as the voices from the books & magazines that whisper, "Read me!" And admittedly, I figure I get more exercise cross-country skiing, than I do sitting in my sewing chair wondering, "Where am I going to go with all this pretty fabric?" After all, the cake balls aren't likely to last much past Dec. 26 so every lap around the yard should help somewhere.

Merry Christmas & happy holidays .... here's hoping the snow lets up long enough we can all get where we want to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment