Thursday, November 11, 2010

An unusual anniversary celebration

This week marked the 20th anniversary since my bridegroom and I exchanged rings and said 'I promise to love you for better or worse, through sickness and health, until death when we part."
To celebrate, there was no candlelight or romantic dinner, nor did we even share a bottle of wine.
Instead, we feasted on sausage and pancakes soaked in huckleberry syrup, at the church where we were married 20 years earlier on a sunny, but breezy, 45-degree day Nov. 10, 1990.
Perhaps not the most idyllic setting for a 20-year anniversary party. But I would have to say the church is still as charming as it was back then when we became at least the third, if not the fourth generation of my family to be joined in wedded bliss at St. Peter Lutheran.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. 
~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

No comments:

Post a Comment