Saturday, November 27, 2010

No Black Friday deals here

After we feasted on turkey Thursday, I had no cause to stress the impending rush of  Black Friday, this year. That's because even if I had been tempted to shop the malls for purported deals, I couldn't plot out a plan with no information.

It's one of those disadvantages of living in the sticks. Even though we have rural mail delivery, I didn't receive my daily newspaper chock full of 150-pages of inserts designed to coax me into those stores. It's a shame those advertisers throw away good money on printing and then mailing those flyers - to people like me who then received them in my mailbox around 3 p.m., SATURDAY. Living an hour from any shopping mall, there was little benefit to me, at that point. All those pretty, slick flyers will simply become kindling or will wind up lining the bottom of the chicken coop. 

I've never understood why so many stores wait to mail what could be valuable information – ON the holiday.

3 comments:

  1. I hear you! We received Friday and Saturday's paper today--never did get Thursday's...
    Joan V

    ReplyDelete
  2. we received our paper by 7 am thursday morning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess you didn't know there is a website that lists all the black friday ads as soon as they become available. You will have to check it out next year, then you won't have to wait for the newspaper, you will have the info weeks ahead of time!! That should tempt you into shopping, it did me! Roni Sue

    ReplyDelete