Friday, January 28, 2011

Fire alarms, iTunes & Katy Perry

Alison's day began much earlier than she intended when the fire alarm in their hotel began blaring about 6 a.m. And continued for the next 30 minutes .... no sleeping through that! When the fire truck eventually arrived (did I mention no one left their rooms at that hour?) Alison and her Mom began to worry they'd actually have to evacuate. Joked Alison, "Should we meet them at the door singing, Billy Joel's 'We didn't start the fire ..." Mom failed to see the humor.

So here we sit on a Friday night, feet up and digesting our big meals from Red Lobster (yum!)

After spending an hour trying to figure out why we can't get our laptops to recognize one another so we can share music from our iTunes programs, we've decided there's a block in the hotel internet because we've successful done this before .... Aunt Janell needs some new music to work out by and Alison's suggestions range from Rihanna and Lady Antebellum (like) to Ke$ha (who?) and Nicki Minaj (what?) I'm getting quite an education. But now my head hurts from too many Katy Perry songs that Alison keeps inflicting on me – each time she plays one of KP's more obscure songs she thinks I won't know who it is and might say I like it. I won't. Those cupcakes she wears in the video, "California Girls," kind of ruined it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment